Nothing smells better than fresh bread from the oven. It will be tough to wait for this one to cool before eating.
1 cup warm water
2 tsp active dry yeast
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
3 Tbsp canola oil
2 and 1/2 cup flour
4 Tbsp dried rosemary
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1. In a large bowl add water and sugar, sprinkle yeast on top with whisk mix then allow to sit for 10 minutes. Mixture will look bubbly.
2. Mix in the remaining ingredients.
3. On a flour covered surface place the dough and knead. Continue to knead until smooth and elastic. (Hint; if you can pinch a piece of dough and lift it 1.5 – 2 inches without the dough breaking). Form dough into a ball.
4. Place in an oiled bowl and turn the dough to coat completely with oil. Cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm draft free area for 1 hour to rise. The oven with the light on is perfect.
5. After the hour is up you will see the dough is about 2X larger. Punch down, form into a ball again. Roll dough ball onto some rosemary then place on a cookie sheet. Allow to rise until double (likely 1 hour)
6. Place dough into a preheated 375 degree Fahrenheit oven bake until golden, 25-30 minutes
Pull from the oven, allow to cool a couple minutes, remove from pan and wrap in a tea towel to cool. This gives the bread a nice chewy crust. For those that live a crisp crust, do not wrap.
Enjoy with one of our soups.