This simple and tasty comfort food recipe is a twist on a classic pizza. You will enjoy this recipe any time of the year, especially during the winter months.
We add cream cheese for additional flavour.
Acknowledgment: This recipe is from allrecipes by Athielen found under the title Pizza Pasta
8 ounces rotini pasta
1 pound lean ground beef
1 small onion, diced
1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
4 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
.5 cups cream cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
3. Soften cream cheese
4. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook beef with onion until beef is brown. Drain.
5. Combine beef mixture with spaghetti sauce, pepperoni, cream cheese and cooked pasta and pour into a baking dish. Top with mozzarella.
6. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until cheese is melted and golden.
7. Broil the top to brown cheese and pepperoni (optional)
Rotini Pasta: is a corkscrew shaped pasta made from semolina flour. The grooves help the sauce to adhere well to the pasta which is typically 1″ to 2″ long.
Al Dente: Pronunciation: al-DEN-tay. The term al dente comes from an Italian phrase which translates as “to the tooth.” When cooked al dente, pasta should be tender but still firm to the bite. It shouldn’t be mush.
Subscribe to Murlo for future posts!