Murlo smokes meat and this recipe is a must for anyone beginning in the smoking hobby. Serves 6.
4 Tbsp Morton Tender Quick curing salt
3 Tbsp Maple Syrup
2 Tbsp Mustard seed
16 whole cloves
10 whole allspice seeds
5 Cups water
3Lb Pork shoulder blade roast
1. Make a brine mixing the first 6 ingredients together in a large bowl.
2. Stir until all the curing salt is dissolved.
3. Using a meat syringe inject brine into the roast. I generally place the syringe an inch apart until the entire surface has been covered.
4. Place roast into the brine. Top up with water if needed, the roast should be fully submerged in the brine.
5. Soak for 3 days in the fridge.
Check out our Grilling & Smoking category for more great ideas!