Goat cheese is one of our favourite appetizer dishes to serve. Goat cheese is full of flavour going well with other ingredients to make a great spread for bread or crackers
We add our own ingredients to this dish: Basil infused oil, roasted cherry tomatoes and basil pesto. Links for each are provided in the ingredients list.
Other flavour combinations could include olive oil and herbs like Rosemary and garlic!
12 ounces goat cheese
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and diced
3 cloves garlic, finely diced
1/4 chopped fresh basil
Basil infused oil (optional)
Roasted Cherry tomatoes (optional, in place of sun dried tomatoes)
Basil Pesto (optional, in place of basil leaves)
Bread and/or crackers
1. Slice goat cheese into one inch pieces or crumble in a single layer on a platter.
2. Add basil infused oil or olive oil over the cheese.
3. Place pesto or basil, then roasted cherry tomatoes over the cheese.
4. Allow the mixture to marinate 6 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
5. Serve with sliced French bread or sturdy crackers.
One response to “Pesto Bathed Goat Cheese”
[…] Pesto Bathed Goat Cheese — […]