This appetizer is quick to make and will be a hit with your guests.
12-14 large cremini mushrooms
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
1 tsp minced garlicd
1 tsp lime juice
dash of salt and pepper
9 medium sized shrimp
1. In a steaming basket steam shrimp until they turn from grey to pink.
2. Place shrimp into ice water to stop the cooking. Once cool peel and chop into small pieces.
3. Wipe the mushrooms off with a paper towel (I do not wash mushrooms as it will make them mushy when cooked). Use your thumb and push the stem back and forth then pull out. This gives you the hole for the filling.
4. Cream the cream cheese with the Parmesan cheese. Stir in shrimp, garlic and lime juice. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Spoon the filling into the mushroom. Push down into the hole and leave a mound of filling on the top.
6. Place onto a baking dish. Cook under a broiler until the filling is golden.
Note* Cremini mushrooms are dense and less likely to become watery. For this reason we recommend this variety. Stems can be frozen and used later in stews or soups.