This Nuts n’ Bolts recipe has been modified over the years to suit our needs and is a must have at our house during the Christmas season!
1 box Cheerios cereal (550 grams)
1 box Shreddies cereal (550 grams)
1/3 bag Pretzels
2 cups Peanuts
1 cup butter
2 tbsp Seasoned salt
1 tbsp Onion powder
2 tbsp Garlic powder
1. Combine the first four ingredients into a large roaster.
2. Melt butter in a small saucepan. Stir in seasoned salt, onion and garlic powder.
3. Drizzle over contents in roaster. Stir/mix together well.
4. Roast uncovered in 250 degrees (120c) oven for 1.5 hours.
5. Stir about every 20 minutes while roasting
6. Let cool.
7. Once cool, store on an airtight container(s)
8. Makes 5 quarts or 6 litres
A Great Gift Basket
We double the amounts noted above to make a larger batch. We include a sample of Nuts n’ Bolts as part of a our Christmas gift baskets!
One response to “Nuts n’ Bolts”
This looks really good!