The Merry Murlo is our own creation derived from the infused rum sauce to make the Steamed Christmas Carrot Pudding. This was a happy surprise making a few glasses of this mixture to enjoy!
1 ounce Spiced Rum Mix
3 ounces cranberry juice
garnish with frozen cranberries (optional)
serve on ice
Spiced Rum Mix
1 cup Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced Rum
1 sliced red navel orange
1 cinnamon stick
3 whole all spice berries
5 whole cloves
1 star anise seed
1. Bring all ingredients together to a boil.
2. Then place in a jar adding two more cups of Captain Morgan’s Black Spiced Rum. Keep out of the sun.
3. Store for 2 weeks making sure to turn the jar up and down a couple times each day.
4. Strain out the spices and orange slice.
5. Place orange slices in a cheese cloth and squeeze, there’s a lot of rum in there!