4C All purpose flour
1 1/2 C packed brown sugar
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1C chocolate chips
14 ounces of pumpkin purée
1C orange juice
3/4C melted margarine or canola oil6
1. In a large bowl mix together all dry ingredients making sure all spices are well incorporated.
2. In a smaller bowl mix eggs, pumpkin, juice and margarine, use a whisk to blend into an even mix.
3. Add the liquid mix to the flour mixture. Stir until the flour is all moistened but do not over mix.
4. Place mixture into greased or lined muffin tins.
5. Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes (if a toothpick comes out clean they are done)
6. Makes 24 good sized muffins.
inspired by an Elizabeth Baird recipe