Peaches & Cream French Toast
This is an awesome breakfast recipe and is a huge hit with our breakfast guests!
Note: This recipe is to be prepared the night before.
1C packed brown sugar
.5C butter, cubed
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
1 loaf day old French bread cubed
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
3/4 C milk
3/4 C cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup.
2. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
3. Pour into a greased 13” x 9” baking dish.
4. Arrange peaches in a dish. Place half of the bread over peaches.
5. Layer with cream cheese and remaining bread.
6. Place the eggs, cream and vanilla in a blender; cover and process until smooth.
7. Pour over top
Cover and refrigerate overnight
Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking.
Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes or until an inserted knife near the center comes out clean
Optional: add a side dish of Canadian maple bacon, sliced ham, sausage or our home cured bacon.
Recipe is inspired by Ms. Susan Westerfield, Albuquerque, New Mexico, Best Holiday Recipes