Murlo turkey or chicken gravy side dish recipe has served us well over the years and hope you enjoy it!
Visit our Murlo Discovery Channel video: Holiday Dinner (Preparing & Hosting) for quick overview on some of the meal preparation.
Makes 14 servings
4 cups pan drippings plus chicken stock to get to the desired amount
1/2 cup flour
salt and pepper to taste
1. Once the roasted turkey or chicken has been removed from the roasting pan, scrape the bottom of the pan and strain into a 4 cup measuring cup. Top up with stock to get 4 cups.
2. Slowly sprinkle flour on top of liquid and whisk briskly to avoid lumps.
3. Bring mixture to a boil once all the flour is incorporated, reduce heat to a simmer.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Hold on warm.
6. Strain liquid to remove any lumps prior to placing into gravy boat.
Note: This is a large recipe that should be easily achieved when roasting a 12-14 pound turkey. We use additional gravy for turkey or chicken pot pies. You may want to cut the recipe in half for a chicken dinner.
It is recommended to have a gravy strainer (shown below) to remove any flour lumps and turkey/chicken pieces.
One response to “Turkey/Chicken Gravy”
[…] Feature Photo Items: Roasted turkey, creamy mashed potatoes, Aunt Helen’s stuffing, gravy, corn, candied sweet potatoes, Pistachio Wheat Salad, white wine, Christmas cracker, dinnerware, […]