A salad that tastes just like dessert, yum!
This cool, refreshing, healthy side dish is a hit with our guests and is a great compliment to any festive dinner.
2 Cups cooked wheat
1 package of cream cheese (8 oz) (Bring to room temperature)
1 can of crushed pineapple and juice (20 0z)
2 packages instant Pistachio pudding (3.5 oz size each)
3 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tub of cool whip (12 oz size)
1. In a 2 quart pot, boil 1 cup uncooked wheat seeds in 2 cups of water.
2. Bring to a boil then reduce heat.
3. The wheat is fully cooked when the wheat is tender.
4. Let wheat cool.
5. In a large bowl, stir the cream cheese until soft and creamy.
6. In the same bowl, add the crushed pineapple including the juice, dry pudding powder and mix well.
7. Stir in the cool whip and wheat. Blend well.
8. Place in refrigerator for at least an hour. This dish can be prepared a day or two prior to the dinner.
Note: We often serve this dish on Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter. It is a great dish to make the day or two before hand.
Visit Murlo Dessert blog ideas for your special occasion!