What can possibly be better than a chocolate chip cookie? One that is chewy good!
Recipe yields 48 cookies.
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup soft margarine
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp water
1 1/2 cup chocolate chips
1. In a food processor mix margarine and sugar until creamy.
2. Add the eggs, vanilla and water. Blend until mixed.
3. Mix together dry ingredients except the chocolate chips.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the food processor, mix until the mixture comes together. Remove from food processor and place in the large bowl.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips until they are evenly incorporated.
6. Using a couple of spoons or small cookie scoop place 12 cookies per greased cookie sheet. Gently push down a bit to flatten slightly.
7. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for about 10 minutes.
8. Once cookies have a slight golden tinge around the edges the cookies they are done. Allow to cool a couple of minutes before moving cookies to a cooling rack. Transfer to a cooling rack.
Tips: running a metal spatula under the cookies will make it easier to transfer cookies to the cooling rack.
Each oven is a bit different. If the cookies come out too crisp, lower the baking time. If you prefer crisp cookies, increase the baking time a couple of minutes.
One response to “Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies”
This is what I am looking for….I hate those cc cookies that break apart! Thanks!