Murlo found a breaded mushroom recipe and tried it for the first time with fantastic results! We altered to our tastes And added our own aioli dipping sauce, included in the recipe below.
– 20 Pearl Button Mushrooms
– 2 eggs
– 1/4C white all purpose flour
– 1/2 Tsp Hot sauce
– 1/2C Bread Crumbs
– 1 TBSP Mrs. Dash
– 1/4 Tsp Seasoning Salt
– 2 Tbsp Garlic powder (taste preference)
– Pepper to taste
1. Wipe mushrooms with a dry paper towel. Do not wash.
2. Place all purpose flour into a bag. Place 4 or 5 mushrooms in at a time and shake to coat.
3. Lightly shake mushrooms to remove excess flour.
4. In a deep bowl, dip flour coated mushrooms in the beaten eggs and hot sauce mix.
5. Place breadcrumbs and Mrs. Dash, seasoning salt, and garlic powder in a bag. Put egg
dipped mushrooms in the bag then shake to coat.
6. Heat oil approximately an inch deep in a frying pan on high. Test with a cube of bread. You want instant browning.
7. Place half the mushrooms into the oil. Turn To brown all sides.
8. Remove and place on paper towel. Repeat with remaining mushrooms.
1 TBSP oil
2 TBSP lemon juice (Realemon)
1 TBSP Crushed or Minced garlic
Mix all ingredients together and refrigerate.
Experiment with your own combination of herbs and spices for a unique mushroom coating to suit your own tastes! This simple and quick appetizer recipe will be a hit with your guests.