This pizza dough recipe has been used by Murlo for many years with excellent results. Give it a try the next time you’re creating your own homemade pizza. Makes 8 servings.
1/2 Cup lukewarm water
1/2 Tsp sugar
1/2 Tbsp dry yeast
2 Tbsp canola oil
1 and 1/4 C flour
1. Mix water, sugar and yeast – let stand for 10 minutes
2. Add salt and oil
3. Add flour one cup at a time.
4. On a floured surface, knead the dough until when you press a finger in the dough and it will bounce back.
5. Let rise until the dough is 2x its original size – approximately 45 minutes
6. Punch down and spread out on parchment paper
7. When Superstone is ready (pre-heated), transfer the dough from the parchment on paper to the pizza stone, being careful as the stone is hot.
8. Use a fork to pierce the dough.
8. Place pizza crust into preheated 400 degree Fahrenheit oven. Bake 7-10 minutes.
9. Pull crust from the oven. Add your sauce and choice of toppings! See our Pepperoni & Mushroom Pizza recipe.
Note: You may want to add your own favourite herb like Oregano or Basil to the dough. The pizza stone is added to a cold oven then removed from the oven once the set temperature has been reached.
Acknowledgement: Recipes for Young Adults, Eighth Printing – March 1978, P. 77, Italian Pizza.