The combination of roasted red peppers and goat cheese is fabulous! We make extra dip to keep some in the freezer to have on hand. Serves 6
1/3 cup of one large red pepper roasted crushed
1 cup softened cream cheese
2/3 cup softened goat cheese
1 tsp dried basil
1. Place red pepper on a cookie sheet and place under the broiler. Allow the skin to blacken. Periodically turn the pepper to ensure all sides, top and bottom are black.
2. Remove from oven, place in a bowl. cover with tin foil and allow to cool.
3. Once cool. Grab the stem of the pepper and pull. This generally removes the seeds and inner membrane. Use fingers to remove any residual seeds. Peel off all the blackened skin. Do NOT wipe or rinse.
4. Using a sharp knife continue to chop until the mixture is fully crushed. Measure 1/3 Cup. The leftover peppers can be frozen for use in soups or stews.
5. In a bowl combine the two cheeses and stir until blended. Add the basil and red pepper, stir until all ingredients are combined. Place in a microwave safe dish.
6. Once ready to serve place in microwave and heat at 15 second intervals. Stir mixture between intervals until the mixture is heated all the way through.
– This dip can also be served cold or slightly warm.
– Make extra dip to freeze and serve at a later date.
– Roast extra red pepper to freeze for later.