We enjoy chicken thighs and cook them quite often. This is our new take by wrapping bacon slices around the thighs to cook either on the grill or in the oven. Serves 2.
4 chicken thighs
1/2C red wine
1 Tbsp rosemary
1 Tbsp Chive blossom infused vinegar*
1/4 tsp seasoning salt
2 Tbsp Canola oil
12 slices of bacon
1. Place wine, rosemary, salt, vinegar, oil, and chicken thighs in a bag. Allow to marinate for four hours.
2. Remove chicken from marinade (reserving the liquid).
3. Wrap 3 slices of bacon around each chicken thigh and secure with toothpicks or kitchen string. (Depending on the size of the chicken thighs you may only need two slices of bacon, but have you ever heard someone say “that’s too much bacon!”)
4. In an 8” x 11” pan pour the remaining marinade and top up with water to about an inch of liquid in the pan.
5. Place a rack on top, lay the chicken thighs on the rack allowing space between.
6. Roast uncovered in a 325 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour. (Meat thermometer will read 180 Fahrenheit)
*You may substitute white vinegar with 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
Note: these thighs were wrapped in our own home cured smoked bacon.