This is a healthy delicious soup with a mild spice that should suit any taste on a cold day.
1 medium sized onion diced
3 cups chopped carrots
6 cups Chicken Stock low or no salt
1/2 cup Cream
1 Tbsp Butter
1/4 tsp Cardamom
1/4 tsp Hot Curry Powder
1/4 tsp Cumin
1/4 Tsp Parsley
2 Bay leaves
1 tsp salt
1. In a large soup pot add onion, carrots and stock. Bring to a boil.
2. Once the vegetables are soft, use a hand held blender to purée the mixture.
3. Add all the spices and reduce heat to a low heat.
4. The longer this soup sits on low the more the spices blend and mature. We tend to leave the soup on low heat for a couple of hours.
5. 20 minutes before serving add the cream and butter.
6. Allow mixture to heat through, stir well to keep cream from setting on the bottom of the pot. Remove Bay Leaves, salt more to taste if you like, then serve.
Tip: Use a potato masher if you do not have a hand blender. Mash or blend until you get the consistency you want.
2 Responses to “Curried Carrot Creamed Soup”
What is cardamom? I’m trying this out at some point this winter.
Thank you for your question. Cardamom is a common spice used as an ingredient in Indian cooking.