Murlo has cooked this dish many times and its one of our favourites. We came across this recipe many years ago in Taste of Home ‘Best of the Holiday Recipes’ magazine.
Recipes that call for Angel Hair pasta can substitute Vermicelli.
This great recipe is easy to prepare and sure to impress your guests! Serves 4.
8 ounces uncooked vermicelli pasta
3/4 lb scallops
2 Tsp olive oil (divided)
1 small onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 cup low sodium vegetable broth
1/4 cup dry white wine or additional vegetable broth
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp cornstarch
2 Tsp water
1/4 C minced fresh parsley
Green onion tops (optional)
1. Cook pasta according to package directions
2. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet cook scallops in oil over medium heat until firm and opaque, remove and keep warm
3. In the same skillet, sauté onion in remaining oil until tender.
4. Add garlic – cook 1 minute
5. Stir in broth, wine, lemon juice, salt and pepper
6. Bring to a boil.
7. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth. Gradually stir into skillet.
8. Bring to a boil, cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
9. Stir parsley and reserved scallops and heat through.
10. Drain pasta, serve with scallops. Sprinkle with cheese and green onion if desired.
Sauté: to cook food in oil or fat over heat usually until brown.
Shrimp: You may want to substitute scallops with shrimp or use both!
Acknowledgement: Nancy Mueller, Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin.
Taste of Home, Best Holiday Recipes, 2011, Christmas Entrees, P. 19.
Let us know what you think of this recipe.