2.5 pounds of peeled carrots sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium sized onion diced into 1/4 sized chunks
2 medium sized green peppers chopped into 1/4 sized chunks
2 cans tomato soup
1.5 cups white vinegar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 cups white sugar
2 Tbsp prepared mustard
1. Place chopped onion and green pepper into a large bowl
2. Blanch carrots for 6 minutes then add to onions and peppers
3. Stir vegetables until they are evenly mixed
4. Combine all sauce ingredients and bring to a boil. Stir often to keep the sugar from burning. Pour about 1/2 of the hot sauce onto the vegetables and mix to evenly distribute.
5. Fill washed and sterilized jars with the carrot mixture to 1/2 inch from the bottom of the rim of the jar. Top up jars with remaining sauce so that the vegetables are covered. Wipe the rims of the jars and add sterilized lids.
6. Process in a canner with water covering the jar lids for 20 minutes. Remove and don’t touch the lids. Listen for the pops that tell you they are sealed. Once cool be sure to label with a date. These should be good for a year.
7. Eat cold as a salad or you can heat with some fried 1 inch cubed chicken and serve on rice. This recipe should yield four 3 cup (750ml) size jars .