Hello Loyal Murlo Subscribers and followers!
We’re tooting our own horn!!
We launched our website, Murlo.ca on October 6, 2020 after 10 years thinking it would be a good idea to start our own webpage.
It’s been a great adventure culminating into a very successful first year for Murlo. We had over 3,100 views and over 1000 visitors since we began.
What better way to spend our Pandemic time!
Our success is due to our nearly 1,600 subscribers and followers from around the world including five magazines. Thank you!
How Many More People See Us Online?
We simply don’t know.
There are untold number of eyes who see our posts through WordPress Reader and Facebook who are not direct Murlo subscribers and followers.
As a WordPress.Com subscriber, we have immediate access to WordPress Reader reaching millions of people each time a new post is released! Some quick facts from WordPress News:
- WordPress.com reaches 181 million monthly unique views – the 4th most viewed platform in the US after Google, Facebook, and Yahoo.
- 409 million+ people view more than 21.3 billion pages each month.
We’ve Been Busy in Our First Year!
– 105 posts
– 80+ draft posts
– countless hours of research & custom photos
– proud collaborative partnership with: the Mainprize Documentary & 40 Knots Estate Winery in Comox, British Columbia.
We will continue to post content in our second year with better quality videos and more information you’ve asked us to include in our posts.
Murlo Discovery Channel (YouTube)
We had an enjoyable, yet steep learning curve during the Summer of 2020 on how to best to shoot videos, edit on iMovies and eventually publish on our YouTube Channel, Murlo Discovery Channel. We became better editors in all aspects as we grew during our first year. We’re proud of the following:
– 19 videos published
– 100 minutes of video
– Over 926 views
– Looking forward: A video early 2022 will tell the story when my dad sat next to Elvis Presley on the train in 1957!
Top 5 Viewed Videos:
1. Pear Wine: (238 views – released: August 1, 2021)
2. Actor Kim Coates: Mainprize Documentary: (192 views – released: November 18, 2020)
3. Flick Carding a Fine Fleece: (119 views – released: January 1, 2021)
4. Weiming Zhao Commissioned Painting: (57 views – released: August 1, 2021)
5. Scouring a Fine Fleece (Rambouillet): (52 views – released: November 1, 2020)
You Never Know!
We had an unexpected video bonus just a few months into our first year. Murlo published a Mainprize Documentary 52 second video narrated by Saskatchewan born Hollywood actor, Kim Coates!
Kim kindly lent is voice to a script we provided to support the Mainprize Documentary, a Saskatchewan film. The Documentary Director & Co-Producer, Mr. Jack Hilkewich added photos to create an awesome video.
Kim’s Twitter feed linked to our YouTube Channel video post and is one of our most viewed videos!
You just never know what might happen once you’re out there!
A special thank you to Mr. Jack Hilkewich, V.P. of Interactive and Partner at Melcher Studios. All animated items you see on Murlo including our rolling ‘M’ logo introducing all our videos on YouTube is from Jack! We were very excited to receive this unexpected gift giving life and dimension to our hobby!
Supporting Murlo Media Platforms
We’ve had immediate and growing secondary support from four targeted media platforms linking directly back to Murlo.ca.
– YouTube (2.3 Billion users)
– WordPress (409 million people views per month)
Murlo is overwhelmed by our world wide attention we have garnered. Thank you for your support in our first year!
We have subscribers & page view from all 6 continents!
Here is a small sample of where our subscribers/viewers are from:
🇦🇹 Austria, 🇦🇺 Australia, 🇧🇸 Bahamas, 🇧🇲 Bermuda, 🇨🇦 Canada, 🇨🇳 China, 🇪🇨 Ecuador, 🏴 England,
🇫🇮 Finland, 🇫🇷 France, 🇩🇪 Germany, 🇮🇳 India, 🇮🇩 Indonesia, 🇮🇪 Ireland, 🇮🇹 Italy, 🇯🇵 Japan,
🇳🇱 Netherlands, 🇳🇿 New Zealand, 🇳🇴 Norway, 🇵🇰 Pakistan, 🇵🇭 Philippines, 🇵🇱 Poland, 🇷🇴 Romania,
🇸🇦 Saudi Arabia, 🏴 Scotland, 🇸🇬 Singapore, 🇸🇪 Sweden, 🇺🇬 Uganda, 🇺🇸 United States.
Thank you to those who provided on-going advice to improve our new site. Your suggestions and comments are greatly appreciated!
Contact us anytime at Info@Murlo.ca We are happy to hear from you!
Your Murlo Team